So this happened while Audrey and I were on the carriage ride in Chicago on Saturday.
Fun fact. This is how I know who actually looks at my photo albums on facebook and who just clicks like. I know my friends - I know they can’t help making inappropriate comments. None of them have. I doubt that they’ve all grown up in the last week, instead I’ll assume none of them are actually looking at the pics.
I may start playing a game where I “hide” a photo in my albums when I post them. One that is outrageous and makes no sense. Just to see….
mediocremommy asked: You're one of my 10 favorite followers! So, share 5 facts about yourself and send the request on to 10 of your favorite followers!
Do they have to be interesting?
1. For the first three years of my teaching career I wore heels almost every single day. But I spent the bulk of my day sitting on the floor - so my feet never hurt.
2. I have one earring hole in my right ear and four in my left. This is because I used to (be forced to) compete in piano competitions. We were judged on everything from our appearance to how we sat down and the curve of our fingers. After we would have to complete a written test. It was hell and I hated every minute of it. I always did well at the playing the part, the test part not so much…
3. I used to read a lot when I was a kid. And I really hate that I don’t as much anymore. Somewhere in college I just stopped making time for it.
4. I was in forensics in high school and always took first place at competitions. I still love reading out loud. I have quite the flare when I read to Audrey. When well prepared - giving speeches never makes me nervous.
5. I’ve had braces three times.
You know what was awesome about today? Everyone I crossed paths with was in a good mood. Maybe it was the fresh snow. Maybe it was the sunshine. But not a single person had a case of the Mondays. Everyone seemed happy and a little extra energized. I smiled while I watched Audrey’s swim teacher clearly love her job and it just did my heart good. Today was just the kind of day that makes you smile.
Awesome green smoothie this morning!!!!
- Dallop of vanilla greek yogurt (about half a serving)
- Chia seeds
- Coconut water
I really liked the creaminess that the yogurt brought to it. I did buy a bag of organic frozen fruit and I’m excited to use some of that so that the smoothie is colder. The temperature is about my only complaint. And, to be fair, the coconut water was room temp because I had just bought it. So had that been chilled, it might have been even better.
I am loving how easy it is (and the clean up!!!) to make myself a green smoothie every morning!!! I can’t wait to get more and more brave about trying new things!
Now time for some morning practice!
Dinner Saturday night was amazing!
Walking around Michigan Ave made Matt nuts. And we all froze. But the bean the was cool to see. And I even attempted to bind my dancer pose in a bulky winter coat…